The first thing I need to do is synchronize my list of favorites and edit it so that it's work safe. I have found my self surfing on all these machines at different time. The web just sucks with out your handy dandy list of favorites and remembering URLs only goes so far.
- Notepad++ because basic notepad doesn't flow like I like to flow. I need the tabs because I go for idea to idea.I also like the language selections in there.
- Picasa this google program organizes my photos. Not standard on work packages but you can edit an image pretty quick and simply.
- ISORecorder some times you need to handle ISO and with in the OS is the best way.. handy little burning tool.
- InfraRecorder this OS alternative is handy and doesn't get steeped on when your service pack 2 dies.
- 7-zip I like this for more robust zipping.
- OpenOffice Sometimes I don't need word but I have to open word documents often.
I think I could live with those 6 things on every pc.. and my favorites.