Friday, January 30, 2009

New Gear

Every payday visions of laptops dance in my head like sugarplums in the minds of children at Christmas. My visions include cool FlyBooks and U810s as well as 17 inch screen monsters. I see big hard drives and storage out the ass. I see Blu-Ray drives and discs.

There was a time I was pretty happy with the computers I had. My old Travelmate and my newish Averatec 17 inch laptop. They filled my needs.

I had a perfect laptop to code on. The Averatec was a great machine for that. It had the screen space I love. It had a fast 64bit processor. I had upgraded the ROM to 4Gigs even though the OS didn't handle more then 3. I also upgraded the hard drive to 350 Gigs. Simply a great machine.

My Travelmate is my machine I love to carry. I can show my photos on it. I can have my PDFs for my goofy Role-Playing games. I could show my maps and create with it. This little machine is a great carry lighter then my 17 inch and less unwieldy.

With all I have going what would make me want more. I experience the lost of both of my machines functioning like I want them to. My systemboard on my Averatec is shot. I broke the hinge on my Travelmate.

No comments: